Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 6 of Our Honeymoon

Derrick and I are now on day six of our 15 day Transatlantic Cruise. Our cruise started in Miami on April 26, 2010 and will travel to the following ports:

1) Ponta Delgada, Portugal

2) Lisbon, Portugal

3) Vigo, Spain

4) La Coruna, Spain

5) Le Havre (Paris), France

6) Zeebrugge (Brussels/Brugge), Belgium

7) Dover (London), Great Britain



When looking for a honeymoon Derrick and I discussed how we wanted to travel to Spain and France. I ended up stumbling on this cruise that happened to be a steal. During this cruise we could actually get the relaxation we needed and desired while traveling to some of our dream destinations together.

Since we have started the cruise we have had an unimaginable amount of fun and romance. This trip has been more than I even hoped for. We have been eating like royalty and talking to many interesting people. We also had a chance to play the Newlywed game. This has been something I always wanted to do on a cruise. In addition, I purchased a special honeymoon package to add to the romance. I really wanted to something special for us since you only honeymoon once. The package included Sparkling Wine and chocolate covered strawberries, a romantic dinner in Le Bistro that included a bottle of wine. (Derrick only had one glass and I had the rest. I didn’t realize it until after dinner…lol) Canapés delivered to our room, a cake and champagne party and a complimentary photograph. They have been very nice to us on the ship. We actually had 2 cakes given to us after letting the staff know we were on our honeymoon. It has been great and I am looking forward to spending my life with Mr. Derrick Douglass.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Derrick Douglass said...

Hey Pooh Bear,

There is much that I can comment on. Our wedding and honeymoon was one of the greatest moments of my life. At this point in my life, I am blessed in that many wonderful things are still coming my way. Most of it thanks to you.

The wedding package was very special to me. It was a surprise. I love surprises. Additionally, your love and thoughtfulness made me feel like a special man. I enjoyed our special romantic dinner at LeBistro. The chocolate covered Strawberries were delicious. It was the first time I had had them. Most importantly I enjoyed celebrating our love.

I hope that we will continue to seek and discover new ways of deepening our love, companionship and friendship. Your romantic gestures are a perfect wonderful start.

Derrick (a.k.a. Yoge’ Bear)