Sunday, February 5, 2012

Why I Run

People often ask me why I run. Simply put to be a part of something bigger. Every moment leading up to my half marathon in Las Vegas in December 2010 was one to remember. I had the opportunity to train with some of the most wonderful people I ever met. I received encouragement and support at the same time offered encouragement and support to those who needed it. The journey to the half marathon helped to make me a better person inside and out. I know because of this experience my life has been changes. I know that I have the strength and determination to make it through the most challenging situations. One mile at a time I was able to make a difference in the lives of others while making a difference in my own life. I now see life through a new pair of eyes. After all of this people still ask “what do you get out of running 13.1 miles”

No comments: